1. Object of the service
These general sales conditions regulate the sale of:
- Firenzecard, personal card that allows visiting each museum, villa, church and garden belonging to the Circuit once, over the 72 hours of validity for the owner and minors under 18 belonging to his family;
- Firenzecard+, CARD CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE;
- Firenzecard Restart, card exclusively in digital version (or to use through Firenzecard app) that allows, in its 48 hours of validity, to visit once to the owner and minors under 18 belonging to his family each museum, villa, church and garden belonging to the Circuit and not visited with the original Firenzecard, of which reactivation is requested. Firenzecard Restart can be purchased only if you already boast a Firenzecard purchased and expired in the last 12 months and prior installing Firenzecard app on your smartphone.
The validity of Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart begins from your first admission in a museum, while the validity of Firenzecard+ begins from its first validation on means of transportation or activation through digital card on the app. In case of Firenzecard in digital format, please note that the activation occurs when you click on "Start the visit". Therefore it is recommended to "start the visit" when you first enter a museum.
ATTENTION: Before using the Firenzecard App, always check that you have installed and are using the latest available version of the application, in order to be able to view the updated museum offer and use all the functions correctly.
The object of the service provided by Firenze smart (Silfispa) consists in the online purchase of Firenzecard or purchase at one of the accredited sales points. Refer to the relative sections of the website for information.
2. How to purchase Firenzecard online
To purchase Firenzecard, you must:
- fill out the online form in all its compulsory sections;
- read and undersign these general service supply conditions;
- complete the card payment process. The availability of Firenzecard is subject to changes until the transaction is completed successfully. The online purchase of Firenzecard is completed by filling out the form and making the payment.
- in case the transaction is successful, the customer will receive a voucher code for the purchase, at the email address indicated. The customer will decide independently whether to pick up a “physical” card at one of the pick-up points indicated in the list included in the email and published on the website, or if he wishes to activate his card “digitally”. The digital version of the card is obtained by downloading Firenzecard app (available on Google Play and iTunes stores), inputting your voucher code inside the relative section of the Firenzecard app.
- The system will automatically generate the card/s purchased by the customer and linked to the input voucher code. In case of Firenzecard in digital format, please note that the activation occurs when you click on "Start the visit". Therefore it is recommended to "start the visit" when you first enter a museum.
To purchase Firenzecard Restart, you must:
- have the possibility to install Firenzecard app on your device if not installed yet, checking the technical requirements as indicted in the relative section of the website;
- to have purchased a Firenzecard online or at a sales point, that is expired in the last 12 months;
- enter verification information to protect the card holder, meaning:
- In case a card number belonging to a “physical” card is entered, the purchase date of the Firenzecard to extend is requested,
- In case a card number belonging to a digital card is entered, the email address with which the original purchase of the Firenzecard to extend, is requested;
- select the card that you want to extend. NB: Firenzecard Restart will allow 48-hour access only to museums that have not been visited yet with the original Firenzecard that was reactivated.
- fill out the online form in all its compulsory sections;
- read and agree to these general service supply conditions.
- complete the card payment process. The availability of Firenzecard Restart is subject to changes until the transaction is completed successfully.
- in case the transaction is successful, the customer will receive a voucher code for the purchase, at the email address indicated;
- enter the voucher code in the relative section of Firenzecard app. The system will automatically generate the card/s purchased by the customer and linked to the input voucher code. In case of Firenzecard in digital format, please note that the activation occurs when you click on "Start the visit". Therefore it is recommended to "start the visit" when you first enter a museum.
3. How to pay for Firenzecard online
Payment can be made by credit card through the international circuits visible when the purchase is completely completed (VISA, Vpay, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, JCB, Unionpay, Masterpass) following the instructions illustrated in the procedures described online.
4. Procedure to pickup Firenzecard purchased online
It is possible to pick up and activate Firenzecard purchased online within 6 months from purchase, in one of the following pickup points indicated on website www.firenzecard.it. After said period, it will no longer be possible to pick up the card and the purchase cannot be refunded. In order to pick up the card purchased online, the customer must present the printed purchase voucher and a valid identity document. The person potentially authorised to pick up the card must present a buyer’s proxy and a copy of the identity card of the delegating party, at the counter.
Please note: The voucher is valid for 6 months from purchase.
5. How to use Firenzecard Restart
The customer has 6 months to download the voucher and activate the card on Firenzecard app and create the digital card. Firenzecard Restart can be used only if you have installed Firenzecard app on your device (smartphone or tablet) and if your device complies with the technical requirements (iOS version 10.0 or newer, compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch; Android version 5.0 or newer). In case of Firenzecard in digital format, please note that the activation occurs when you click on "Start the visit". Therefore it is recommended to "start the visit" when you first enter a museum.
Please note: The voucher is valid for 6 months from purchase.
6. Price and validity of Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart
The cost of Firenzecard is 85 Euros. The card can be used within 6 months of purchase. Please note: The voucher is valid for 6 months from purchase.The Firenzecard can be used in "physical" or "digital" mode in the 72 hours starting from the moment of the first activation in one of the museums of the circuit by the owner and by together with any minors of his or her family. In case of Firenzecard in digital format, please note that the activation occurs when you click on "Start the visit". Therefore it is recommended to "start the visit" when you first enter a museum.
Before purchasing Firenzecard it is necessary to consult the official website www.firenzecard.it to check the list, methods of access and opening hours of the museums and sites participating. Furthermore, the user is advised to check whether he is entitled to any free tickets and / or reductions for age and / or nationality and / or residence and / or category and / or profession on the sites of the museums that adhere to the Card.
Firenzecard Restart can be created and used only in digital format through Firenzecard App. Firenzecard Restart can be purchased only in combination with a Firenzecard purchased and expired in the last 12 months and prior installing Firenzecard app on your device. Firenzecard Restart is valid for 48 hours from activation, which corresponds to the first admission in a museum and allows visiting once the Circuit museums not yet visited with Firenzecard, reactivated for an additional 48 hours. In case of Firenzecard in digital format, please note that the activation occurs when you click on "Start the visit". Therefore it is recommended to "start the visit" when you first enter a museum.
7. Right of withdrawal and refund policy
The user has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days from purchase, pursuant to art. 52 of Legislative Decree 206/2005.
The right of withdrawal can be exercised ONLY at the following conditions:
- For card/s in “physical” format: it can be returned provided it was NOT personalised with your name and/or activated during a visit, and provided it is returned intact, stored in the kit with all its components and receipt. The card cannot be refunded if personalised.
- For card/s in “digital” format: the card can be returned provided the customer did NOT "download the card" by entering the voucher code received via email upon purchase, in Firenzecard app on his device, thus customising the features by confirming/inputting his data.
If the above mentioned conditions are met, the price paid for purchase will be refunded upon withdrawal.This request must be sent to the following email address email@example.com indicating the reason for the request.
If the card is not picked up and used beyond the established terms, any liability is declined in case of impossibility to use the purchased service due to variations to technical and/or sales conditions that may alter operation and/or the cost, and a refund cannot be obtained, neither the replacement of the purchased product.
The cards in physical and digital format on app, cannot be refunded or replaced if lost and/or stolen.
If the physical or digital card on app is not working, the user can go to a sales point indicated in the list published on the official website in order to evaluate the type of damage and be informed on the procedure to follow.
The card cannot be refunded in case of variations that concern the services of the member Museums of the card circuit (e.g.: changes to opening times, completeness of the displayed works, presence of admission priorities, etc.). For any information on services and procedures relating to the single museums, refer to the official website of the single Museums, section “Museums” on the official website Firenzecard.it.
8. Loss and damage of Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart
Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart are not refundable in case of theft; purchased and lost physical and digital cards cannot be returned. Hence, the user is invited to store the card with care and do not bend it in case of physical version; if the "physical" card is damaged or does not work, the user can return it at one of the sales points to have it replaced, provided it is still valid (within 72 hours). Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart created in “digital” version on the app downloaded on your phone are and remain linked to the operation of your device. Under no circumstances, requests of refund or replacements of the card are permitted if malfunctioning is related to the mobile device used by the customer or uninstallation of Firenzecard app after downloading it on your device. The customer is not permitted to download Firenzecard app on a new phone and enter the voucher code already used on another app in another device.
9. Other indications concerning admission to Museums
For groups of 8 persons or more, who are card holders, access to the Uffizi Gallery and Galleria dell'Accademia may be subject to the current crowd flow. The validity and duration of Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart will not be extended in case the Circuit museums close for exceptional reasons (strikes, holidays, etc.) or offer free admission for extraordinary events and expositions. To access the Circuit museums:
- Through “physical” card, by submitting the card to the operator to allow recording the admission on POS;
- Through “digital” card, by selecting the museum that you intend to visit and showing the QR Code generated on your Firenzecard app to the operator, to be read through POS. In case the customer makes a mistake in selecting the museum with consequent generation of the QR code, the result of the QR code reading by the POS of the reference museum and admissions registered by it, will be considered. In case the customer requests to verify his admissions, Firenze smart (Silfispa) will perform a check within 1 month from the request, submitting the admissions actually registered by the museums’ POS. Said request must be sent to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reason for the request and number of the card used – the request cannot be fulfilled without this information.
10. Limits of liability
Firenze smart (Silfispa), in providing the purchase service of Firenzecard and Firenzecard Restart, operates as instrumental body of the City of Florence that independently stipulated agreements with museums to supply the service offered to the holders of Firenzecard/Firenzecard Restart. For this reason, Firenze smart (Silfispa) will not be held liable for the methods implemented to provide the afore-cited service. For any claim concerning the admission services to museums, users must notify any disservice and/or inconvenience directly to the above listed service operators and notify it, for knowledge, at the following email address email@example.com, in order to allow Firenze smart (Silfispa) to also send a notice to the abovementioned service operators.Firenze smart (Silfispa) will not be held liable for potential direct and indirect damages of any nature, related to the services provided through website www.firenzecard.it. Moreover, Firenze smart (Silfispa) reserves the right to modify, suspend or interrupt any function or service for technical or organisational reasons or following resolutions passed by the City of Florence, without being bound to issue refunds for the cards already sold.
11. Particular service supply conditions for tour operators
- For purposes of this document, “tour operator” means any enterprise that sells, creates or puts together tour packages; “tour package" means contracts as defined by art. 33 of the Code of Tourism (Legislative Decree no. 79/2011 and subsequent amendments)
- The purchase of Firenzecard by tour operators is subject to the following conditions:
- Purchase request to send to Firenze smart (Silfispa) at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 business days in advance prior to the delivery of the cards;
- Payment must be issued at least 10 business days prior to delivery;
- Firenzecard can be delivered only in the City of Florence, from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the time to agree when placing the order;
- The resale of the cards purchased from the tour operator to third parties is allowed in exceptional cases, upon agreement undersigned between the reseller tourist operator and the City of Florence, provided that the cards are sold within a tour package clearly specifying the correct name of Firenzecard, the characteristics of the service offered and the price as set forth by these contract conditions. However, the resale of the cards at a higher price is not allowed.
Last update: 19.09.2022